This game realizes the potential of the Java Disks and Squares Model by porting it to Android with a nice new view and controller.
For this project, I took a model similar to that which I’ve used for the Disks and Squares Model, and a stock controller and viewer. Then I made the following modifications:
- Many changes to the colors of the game
- Blocks stopped being red rectangles, and instead became the sad faces you see here.
- I changed the logic of the game so that now, there is a 50% chance that disks bounce off blocks, instead of sticking. To bounce off, they reverse their velocity. Disks still stick when hitting other stuck disks, however.
- Every time a disk hits a jewel, you gain a few seconds on the game countdown timer.
- You can click a square and move it.
- Using paints and canvasses to draw objects onscreen.
- Drawing premade images onscreen.
- Custom GUIs (as opposed to the traditional button/textview screens)
- Android controllers
- Understanding and editing unfamiliar code.