Copied from a mail I sent a friend.
I’m most excited about Elizabeth Warren. She’s one of that special breed of person who rarely get elected to anything, much less Senator.
1. She’s one of the smartest minds thinking about banking and finance policy. And now she’s a senator. This isn’t someone who can be bamboozled by lobbyists or think tanks.
2. Since she’s the expert on finance and banking, other senators will follow her lead and aks her advice.
3. The banks fear her.
4. She wants to cut all subsidies to fossil fuels. Is a strong voice for our clean energy future.
5. As an academic, she wrote this article: http://www.democracyjournal.org/5/6528.php?page=all . It was so spot on that it caused a federal agency to be born. Elizabeth Warren knows how to wield non-electoral, non-governmental power. That’s huge.
She’s the Louis Brandeis of our time and I’m so excited!
Other cool things:
* Every Marriage Equality ballot measure was a win for our team.
* Drug war might start winding down soon
* Obamacare will happen
* The Democrats in the Senate just got markedly more liberal.
* In Jan 2013, taxes go up by a lot, especially on the rich. Great leverage for team blue.
* Tammy Baldwin!
* Dems pick up many state legislatures.
* We won senate North Dakota! And Montana!
* Alan Grayson crushed and will rejoin the House
Sad that we lost close senate races in Arizona and Nevada.