I’ve been pretty busy lately and a lot has happened. I should update you! Normally, each of these might be fleshed out in a post of their own, but since I haven’t found the time, let’s do some bullets:
Big overview thing: Integrity Institute hit our 1-year anniversary. We did a long tweet thread of our last year. It’s pretty amazing to see it in one place.
- Back when Elon Musk wanted to buy Twitter, and was saying some really strange things, we did an open letter to him. And then CNN called. So then we were on CNN
- I was featured in Everything in Moderation
- We raised over a million dollars to date
- I was on stage at Unfinished Live for a panel on “The New City Planners”
Some stuff that wasn’t listed there (that is still work stuff):
- I was interviewed by All Tech is Human
- We published an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in Gonzalez v. Google. I pushed it on the staff side, with a lot of help from Naomi Shiffman and Paul Gowder as members. (Plus help from our lawyers)
- I was on a panel onstage at the Informed Conference
- We were in the printed new york times! As the main point of the story!
- Just a lot of conversations with policymakers, journalists, academics, researchers around the world
- Sarah and I got engaged! I think I mentioned that
- We just booked a wedding venue today
- We moved to Brooklyn
- I bought a gaming PC
- I bought a copy of Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 — a game from 20 years ago that I have dreamed about playing for ages. So glad I did that
- I’m a Berkman Rebooting Social Media fellow
- I’m on … mastodon now?
- My non-work life is pretty boring tbh
Did I miss anything?
Honestly I’d love suggestions on what to do with my life non-workwise. I have gotten seriously out of whack. I’m so tired all the time, and I know I should go do things but I never seem to find the energy, and I never seem to stop working until 9 or 10 pm.