I’m very pleased to share that I was recently interviewed on the What Origin podcast. What Origin is a podcast about creativity (in the sense of creation). It was so fun! I think I did a great job.
We talked about stuff like:
- Creating communities vs projects vs clubs
- How does community get built? How can you structure it?
- How do companies build community?
- What is a company? What does working for one feel like?
- What happens when they lie to you?
- Don’t fall in love with a company — they can’t love you back.
- Do people need a boss? Do they need structure?
- The process of deprogramming yourself / leaving workism.
- The boss. Thinking a lot about making the boss happy is bad for the soul.
- How do you learn to be free? (Spoiler: the humanities!)
Can’t wait for you all to hear it.
Based on this experience, I’m open to being a guest on more podcasts! Tell your friends!
The process of doing it was really fun, too. Getting a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes of how audio editing works, etc.
Thanks so much to Gavin Knight for having me on and showing me the ropes. You can check out other interviews he did, like with Mek about the Open Library or about the invention of the slinky. A gracious person and a pleasure to get to know him.
Anyway, it turned out really well. If you like what I tend to talk about, I bet you’ll get a kick out of it. Let me know what you think. Listen here.